- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart holding a DB in each hand using a neutral grip (palms facing inward) with arms fully extended.
- Set the abs and, keeping the arms straight and thumbs point up, raise the DBs to up and out to the sides at a 45 degree angle. Stop when the hands reach shoulder height, pause, return to the starting position and repeat.
- Do not raise the hands higher than shoulder height to minimize the risk of impingement.
- Keep the abs tight and trunk erect throughout the movement and do not shrug the shoulders are rock the body to initiate movement.
- If you have to use momentum to initiate movement, the weight is too heavy. Choose a lighter set of DBs.